Our commitment to safeguarding your personal information
We, the Yamaha Motor Group, supply our products to people all over the world today. In our business, it is increasingly important for us to utilize personal information provided by our customers in order to offer the best services possible.
At the same time, we are fully aware that we must manage this personal information properly and keep it secure so that no information is ever leaked. We know that any such leakage would cause us to lose the trust of our customers and the reputation of the entire Yamaha Motor Group would be seriously damaged. Therefore, all of the companies of the Yamaha Motor Group are working to make sure that our customers’ personal information is kept secure at all times.
Yamaha Motor PAKISTAN.
Last update: July 1, 2011
1. Restriction of the scope of acquisition
Yamaha will acquire personal information by setting the clear purposes, which shall be relevant to good business activities, and to the extent necessary for achieving such purposes.
2. Restriction of use
Unless otherwise agreed by the individual or permitted by law, personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than those notified to the individual or publicly announced.
3. Proper acquisition
Personal information shall be acquired by fair and lawful means and, where appropriate, with the notification to the individual or public announcement of the purposes of use.
4. Accuracy of the data, etc.
In case of holding personal information, Yamaha will keep it to meet the purposes of use, as well as to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Yamaha, in holding personal information, will take any reasonable security measures to prevent such risks as disclosure, loss or destruction of the data.
6. Non-disclosure of data
All employees of Yamaha will recognize the importance of protecting personal information and make every effort to prevent its disclosure.
7. Individual participation
If personal information should be acquired, Yamaha will publicly announce the purposes of use and a counter that receives questions, and respond faithfully to the request for disclosure, correction and discontinuance of utilization of it.
9. Utilizing personal information
Upon complying with the above provisions, Yamaha will utilize personal information provided by customers in order to offer better services to them.
(Last update: July 1, 2011)
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as YMC) operates a website with the following domain name:
global.yamaha-motor.com, www.yamaha-motor.co.jp, race.yamaha-motor.co.jp, rugby.yamaha-motor.co.jp, blog.yamaha-motor.jp, news.yamaha-motor.co.jp, sea-style.yamaha-motor.co.jp, parts.yamaha-motor.co.jp, search.yamaha-motor.co.jp, www2.yamaha-motor.co.jp, www2.yamaha-motor.jp, online.yamaha-motor.jp (hereafter referred to as our website)
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
- Management of Personal Data
- Customer Involvement in his/her Personal Data (release, correction, deletion, etc.)
- Technical and Managerial Measures for the Protection of Personal Data
Last update: June 18, 2013
1. Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
There is no need to gather personal data from people who simply access and view the contents of our website. However, it may be necessary to have people who wish to make use of various services offered on our website to input certain personal data that is recorded on our website.
Personal data about customers that is thus recorded can be used for the following purposes:
- To help develop higher quality products and services which bring greater satisfaction to customers, or for gathering customer opinions for that purpose.
- To help develop new services or richer contents for our website, or for gathering customer opinions for those purposes.
- To supply customers with news about our website or our company’s products and services and notices about things like events.
- To send to customers goods which they request.
- To respond to inquiries from users.
It should also be noted that there are cases in which we process compiled personal data from customers in a way that specific individuals cannot be identified and then supply the revised data to companies in the Yamaha Motor Group and our affiliated companies. In addition, there are cases where we release data that has been processed so that no individuals can be identified when that data is necessary for such purposes as releasing corporate business information, account processing and research or marketing survey uses.
About Access Log File
The access log file will be used with regard to our website’s user trend analysis, website management, and vast population statistical information collections.
The log file records statistical website user information of the individual web pages that have been accessed, the times of each visit, what domains visitors come from, visitor’s transaction trends, browser and operating system, etc. Yamaha Motor Group will be able to collect such information; however, this information will not be used to identify a specific individual.
2. Management of Personal Data
As a rule, we do not release personal data gathered from customers on our website to third parties outside YMC. However, there are some exceptional cases where personal data is released if it is logically determined that such release is necessary for one of the following reasons.
- Cases where the customer has agreed beforehand to releasing the data.
- Cases where there is a legal edict demanding that the data be released.
- Cases where a user has violated the rules of our website use and it is deemed necessary to release the data in order to protect the rights, assets, services, etc., of YMC or YMC employees.
- Cases where it is deemed necessary to release the data in order to protect human life, health or property and it is difficult to secure the permission of the user beforehand.
- Cases where there is a need to release the data for improvement of public health and safety or the edification of children and it is difficult to secure the permission of the user beforehand.
- Cases where it is necessary to cooperate in the lawfully valid work (investigations, etc.) of national government or local public officials or those commissioned by them and there is reasonable concern that seeking the permission of the user beforehand would be detrimental to said work.
- Cases where it is necessary to comply with demands made to YMC or webmasters of our website by public agencies.
3. Customer Involvement in his/her Personal Data (release, correction, deletion, etc.)
Customers who register their own personal data on our website have the right to verify, correct, make additions to or delete that data.
If customers wish to make a request to YMC to view their own personal data (name, date of birth, telephone number, address) on record, they may do so according to procedures set down by YMC. In such a case, YMC will release that customer’s data for him/her to view, except in the following cases:
- Cases where there is reasonable concern that such release could be a threat to the life, health, property or other interests of the customer or any third person or party.
- Cases where there is reasonable concern that such release would be highly detrimental to the normal and proper business operations of YMC.
- Cases where such release would be (or possibly be) in violation of the law.
- Cases where it cannot be confirmed that the request is from the customer himself/herself.
In the case where there are errors in the contents of a customer’s personal data held by YMC, that customer has the right to request the verification, correction, making of additions or deletion of his/her own personal data according to procedures set down by YMC. After prompt investigation of the facts involved, YMC will then make the desired corrections, additions or deletions based on the results of said investigation.
4. Technical and Managerial Measures for the Protection of Personal Data
In the handling of personal data about the customers, our website takes the following measures to ensure that the data is kept secure without being subject to loss, theft, leaks, alterations or defilement.
On our website, all pages in which customers can input personal data are protected by SSL (*1) so that our users can be assured of the security of their data transmissions.
On our website, the utmost efforts are taken to ensure that no loss, theft, leaks, alterations or defilement of our customer’s personal data occurs as a result of hacking, similar actions or computer viruses.
To ensure that no loss, theft, leaks, alterations or defilement of our customer’s personal data occurs, we regularly back up our data and make use of the latest anti-virus vaccine programs.
*1 SSL is the acronym for Secure Socket Layer, a highly effective communications security system developed by the U.S. company Netscape Communications. This system prevents third parties from intercepting or altering personal data by maintaining it in coded form. Presently, this system is widely used by sites involved in online sales which require the transfer of vital information such as credit card numbers. When accessing the site through a standard browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, the SSL function operates automatically, so no special settings are required.